Monday, February 25, 2013

Ava's Birthday Bash

I've wanted to post about my niece's birthday way before I've had a blog. My sister and I sometimes refer to ourselves as the clean version of the Kardashians just because of the dynamic of our relationship. We really should be famous. I'm still working on that.

Anyways, I think we probably started planning her party the day Ava Claire was born. I wanted mermaids because I found the CUTEST mermaid decorations in a cute boutique in Destin the last summer but I was vetoed. (I'm still pushing for a cute mermaid theme this year!) :)

We (Adrian) decided on a pink elephant theme. We searched HIGH and LOW on Pinterest and got a TON of ideas and then got to planning. I don't even know what the total cost was, but we did ALOT from Dollar Tree and Target. I work for a vet and the sweetest woman brings her dog there and through conversation I found out she was an artist and made custom made paper goods. I wanted her to do custom invitations but Adrian got to those before I could. :) Anyways, Sara Beth from Nimblee made custom made food cards and labels for the candy bar. I was IN LOVE with her work. Check her out! Comment for more information. Pink Ink Creations also made the banner and some other goodies! They are on ETSY!! Check them out at  www.pinkinkcreations.com. They did a FANTASTIC job! Here are a few pictures from Ava Claire's first birthday, hope y'all enjoy!


Water bottles! Just cheap brand of water, remove labels, and add your own. I just googled "water bottle labels" and this template came up. I printed them out and then laminated them so that the sweat from the bottles wouldn't ruin the labels. So easy and SO cheap!
 

 
Tablescape View

 
We ordered paper straw from a groupon type website but TONS of people sell them on ETSY. This is a regular mason jar and we tied ribbon and printed off a ton of pictures and one went in the mason jars.



PHOTO WALL. We had three prints blown up (newborn, 6 months and 1 year) at Staples for 2.99 a print. Then, 7-10 pictures from each month and made a chronological wall. I think it turned out cute!
 


 
Sugar cookies

 
Decorations

 
Fruit Kabobs, cute and easy

 
Present table and balloon wall (helium balloons taped to the wall and a custom banner from ETSY)
She had a lot of gifts, we really like Ava. :)

 
Another view

 
Part of the candy bar

 
I made these pom poms with tissue paper from the dollar tree. Each pom pom cost $1.

 
CUTE Ombre Cake

 
Cotton Candy in cupcake holders

 
The princess, Ava


 
Another view of the cake

 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVA CLAIRE!

No comments :

Post a Comment