Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans/Lately Lovin'

Hello friends! It's Monday! My favorite day of the week. No, for real, it is. I love Mondays. I had a SUPER fun weekend so I'm linking up with Sami to tell y'all about it!
 
 

 
Friday. I worked all day Friday. 6:30-6:00 ladies. Ha! It was fun, though. I work at a vet right now while I try to get through nursing school. It's helpful. Dogs and people are basically the same. Dogs just can't talk back.
 
My most favorite dog that comes to daycare is named Copper. He's super sweet and he is so fun. He also has a super cute and fun momma and daddy. Sara Beth can be found here! She is an AMAZING designer! Check out her work! She designed custom made food cards for Ava Claire's first birthday bash and did an AMAZING job. I can't wait for her to do more work for Ava's second party.
 
Then, I babysat until about 10. And then, I headed home and hurried to sleep because...
 
Saturday. Today was Tennessee aquarium day!!! Whoop whoop! We went with a group of about 20 from  church and it was so fun. I want to live in a city like Chattanooga or Nashville or somewhere other than Birmingham. It is such a fun city!! And the aquarium was amazing. Enjoy a few pics! :)
 
 

 

 
Amazing coral reef exhibit. See Nemo in the bottom corner?
 
 
 
 


 
My momma is so cute!

 
They had a super cool and interactive butterfly exhibit.
 
 

 
I obviously didn't get alot of pictures of the actual fish themselves because, well, I don't even know why. But, I did get one of this shark. Argggh.
 
After the aquarium, we had a delicious lunch at Buffalo's then back home to good ole Alabama.
 
Sunday. I love Sundays for so many reasons! I love teaching Sunday School and this week we talked about believing. The sweet girls in my class BLOW me away every week with how much they know and love God. Makes me so happy! I taught children's church and stole Ava Claire from the nursery for a little photo shoot during Children's Church. It's okay to think she's perfect. Cause, she is.
 

 
And yes, her bow is as big as her head. Is there any other way to wear a bow. No.
PS, she loves aunt kakes the most!
 
Sunday afternoon called for an impromtu outdoor adventure with baby sister Kendall. I LOVE the way our house looks in the spring and summer. Everything is so perfect about it. I love living here.
 
 
 
And then, on Sunday night, she sported this little number because, well, it's her.
 
 
She's a total diva. Like, when we are shopping and other tots are screaming or wearing screen printed Tshirts, she just laughs. Lord.
 
And, I know that today isn't technically the weekend BUT I had a major fundamentals test today. And one of my very best friends sent me the following picture for good luck. This picture is now my good luck charm because I've never ever felt more confident that I did today. Thanks Laura. And thank you Luke. ;)
 
 
 
 
 
Part two. I've seen this type of listing post on several of my blogging favorites and decided to give it a whirl. It's a weekly post about what we are lovin' lately.
 
1. Twitter. I've always loved social media but lately I've become Twitter OBSESSED!! It's fun. I love following celebrities and following bloggers. There are so many on Twitter and most of the ones I've interacted with are sweet! LOVE ME SOME TWITTER! Come follow me if you are on Twitter. I'd love to have you!
 
 
My handler is @_katelyncarter !! Or follow the social media button on the side of le blog!
 
2. Cute Fonts. I've recently become obsessed with googling "cute fonts." I have to say I think I got the cute handwriting girly gene (maybe the only good gene I got) and it comes in handy when painting, etc. I love doodling and writing in swirly and curly letters so cute fonts to mimic have become one of my latest loves.
 
 
3. Longchamp bags. I've been debating for over 3 months on what color to get in this classic and adorable bag. It's simple, durabale and affordable. I just need to decide on a color. Opionions on any color specifically? I welcome opinions!
 
 
Navy or black?
 
4. Shop dandy. It's an amazing little boutique w/ the most adorable owner, Danielle. You can find her here. I can't WAIT to work a couple of 40 hour weeks in May to save up and make some purchases from her site. I snagged this image from Pinterest (so all rights are Danielle's!) but I LOVE this top.
 
 
5. Voss Water. This isn't a new thing for me to love but I've been loving it more than usual lately. I've never been a big water drinker but I have GOT to start drinking more. And with a super cute bottle like Voss, I believe all things are possible.
 
 
 
What about you? What did you go this weekend and what are you lovin' lately? Let me know! Happy Monday Lovelies!! :)
 

4 comments :

  1. Thanks for the love! XO Shop Dandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go with the black Longchamp! I debated forever on which color to get, but I am so pleased with the black :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love aquariums!! They're one of my favorite attractions. Beautiful pictures that you have!

    Glad that you had a great weekend. :-)

    xoxo Miss ALK
    http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't done the twitter thing! I just don't think I can fit another social media into my life!! And that little Ava is a DOLL!!

    ReplyDelete