Tuesday, May 28, 2013

be a lady.

Have you ever been "the mean girl?" Or "the rude girl?"
I really hope for the sake of others that you haven't been. Sure, everyone at one time or another can be unintentionally rude/hateful/mean but I really hope that no one would go OUT of their way to be mean to someone just because they don't like them. Not liking someone is NOT a good reason to be mean to them. I'm a Christian and I believe what the Bible says. And, I hope that is who is reading this blog-Christians.
 
I never intended to blog for "blogger friends." I HAVE made some amazing friends through blogging and been invited to some incredible organizations and societies but that isn't WHY I blog. I wanted to start blogging to encourage other girls to have a FUN and GODLY life. I'm crafy and like cooking, so all that combined is what makes the heart of Southern Samplings beat. :)
 
However, after started to blog and connect with some other bloggers, I feel like I'm in high school again. If the point of blogging for you is to belittle others or talk about "other blogs" behind their backs, I do not want a part of that. I'm honestly tired of reading some blogs and they outright NAME the people they are talking about. Be an adult and go to that person-email them (or something) and private-and communicate. Or unfollow them, unfriend them, unlike them, etc. You don't want to be a mean girl.

This applies to all aspects of life. I've also received my share of hateful facebook and twitter messages. Yes, I'm a virgin and I value that. No, I'm not a supermodel or size 0, and I'm okay with that. My value is not found in who wants to sponsor me or who wants to be my friend or who wants to date me. My value is defined by Christ. And it's my TRUE prayer that is where you find your value as well!
 
If my blog has ever done anything but point people to Christ, I would sincerely like to apologize. If my actions, words or intentions have ever seemed to do anything else, I DO apologize. I want people to be able to approach me with things that they don't like about me or things they feel I need to work on. This is my summer resolution, I suppose.
 
To be more like Christ. I want him to be the only thing that people associate with me. Well, maybe that and mason jars. :)

Anyways, I've found several verses and/or quotes from Pinterest that I thought I would share with other girls! Don't be the mean girl! Respect yourself and others enough to be kind and real. All these images are from Pinterest. I do not own any of them!
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
 
Happy Tuesday friends! :)

2 comments :

  1. A great post my friend!!! It's true that many people will say things to others that might hurt them, but we aren't in high school or jr high for that matter. Be the adult that you are and if you still have a problem with what was said many moons ago, and it still hurts you — email the person. If you can't be woman enough to do that, LET IT GO. Females will hold onto something for a lifetime, while men will let it roll off their shoulders within a few hours. We are wired differently... and that's they way God intended for it to be! Stay strong to your beliefs!! I'm so proud to know the sweet, southern Christian that you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I love when kindness is an issue! So glad you posted this.

    ReplyDelete