Sunday, May 19, 2013

That's what I love about Sundays.

I really love Sundays. It's always been one of my favorite days of the week. I love going to church and getting refreshed and hearing a sermon to direct me for the upcoming week. Church is such a blessing to me. I love having fellowship with people with the same beliefs as me. It's encouraging and refreshing. I teach Sunday School and Discipleship Training on Sundays for the little girls and for the youth group. We are talking about family and the book of James. Tonight, in our James study, we were talking about opposing the proud.
 
There are so many proud people in this world.
And, when we are proud, we can't have beneficial relationships with anyone. Friends, family, significant others, no one. It's hard to put others ahead of yourself if your pride is in the way. Jesus was humble and a servant. That's what I want to be! A better servant of my time, actions, character, every part of me. It's hard to admit when we are wrong, but it's worth it. I'm a work in progress but I thank God everyday that he doesn't give up on us. :)
 
After church this morning, we had a picnic at the local park. It was so much fun. And, it was super hot. Ha. I loved every second of it, though. Here are a few pictures:
 
 
 
My momma and Ava Claire
 
 
So much good food!
 
 
 
 



A few of the sweet girls caught a few tadpoles. :)
 
 
Then, we had a relaxing afternoon at home and headed back for church tonight. Ava Claire decided to join us for the worship service and we voted for her to do a little preaching and singing.
 
 
 
She is so cute! And sweet! And I'm so thankful that my sister and brother in law are such godly parents and are raising Ava to love Jesus. It's a blessing to know that she already knows so much about Jesus.
 
I hope y'all had a wonderful Sunday as well.
 
Ps,
 
Today, something really cool happened!! I am a new member of Alabama Women Bloggers!!
 
 


Alabama Women Bloggers
Thank you, Alabama Women Bloggers, for this honor! I can't wait to meet some more blogging ladies from Alabama!

5 comments :

  1. I'm so happy you are a part of our blogging community! And a quick question... where do y'all go to church? We've lived here less than a year and haven't found our home church yet. We live in Alabaster...

    Oh, and you're now on my sidebar for daily reads!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Thank you!! We go to Southside Baptist Church! Right passed Veteran's Park!! It's super small and traditional Southern Baptist but I love it!! Y'all are MORE than welcome to come visit!! Church starts at 10:30 AM!! Oh, and THANK YOU!! I'm getting a favorite reads on my sidebar this week and you will definitely be on it! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a great Sunday Church service too!

    New follower!

    www.elle-pea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a good Sunday morning church service!

    new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came across your blog! Love it. And your niece is precious!

    ReplyDelete