Thursday, July 18, 2013

DIY: Rosewater Face Toner

I'm so excited that I made a summer bucket list because I've actually done most of the things on the list-and summer isn't over yet! I have more time than some people, I'm sure, since I work part time and go to school part time. It's fun to try new things and learn how to make so many new things as well. The icing on the cake that is my life was meeting Luke, so it can only be downhill from here. But, it can still be fun! :)

I don't have PERFECT skin. I don't think anyone does. But, my skin is something that I'm satisfied with and I love it! I maybe have gotten 5 blemishes in my life so I've been blessed! I've never had to try all these skin cleansing systems because I never needed them. I've always washed my fash with Aveeno baby wash, that's it! :)
 
A few months ago while wondering aimlessly through the aisles of Target, I saw Burt's Bees Rosewater face toner.



It didn't really stand out to me other than the fact that I had just read that Carrie Underwood uses it, and I mean, she's perfect, so, there's that.

I picked it up along with the latest Glamour Magazine and hurried off. Ha.
Well, let me tell you...since I bought that about two months ago, I SWEAR by it. It's probably the only "beauty" product (along with Kielh's lip balm) that is how a must have for me.

After I started noticing that my skin was so much softer, I decided to research it a little more. The purpose behind Rosewater toner is to do that-tone your face. It's a gentle cleanser that will both moisturize and condition your skin. I mean, think about how soft rose petals are. You basically are rubbing wet rose petals on your face.

WIN.

Well, you know, since I'm super cool and have a summer bucket list, I figured I'd give homemade rosewater toner a try. It's basically the easiest thing you could/can/will ever make.
You're welcome.

WHAT YOU NEED
Fresh roses (about 3 roses per one serving) I used 9 roses and made three mason jars of this
water
pot to boil water in
something to put the water in (ie: mason jar,etc)

WHAT YOU DO
1. You need FRESH ROSES. Some of your garden or local nursery will do. I suppose you COULD use some from the store BUT those roses are treated with pesticides and harmful chemicals that you don't want to rub all over your face. So, it's safer and better to use fresh roses.



Also, white roses will yield clear rosewater toner. These pink roses yielded a slight yellowish color so it doesn't LOOK super nice but it's AMAZING.
So, rinse your petals off in water and put them in a bowl to wait.

2. Bring your water to a boil.
Each jar will take approximately 2.5 cups of water to fill up so I boiled 8 cups of water and had a little left over.

3. After the water comes to a boil, pour in the rose petals and COVER the pot. That's all you do. Leave the pot covered until the water is room temperature. This took about an hour for me.



4. Decorate your jars while you wait on the petals to cool off. :)










5. After it has cooled off, just fill up the jar.
Optional: add a capful of rubbing alcohol to the water to use it as a cleanser as well as a toner.



I used mine for the first time last night and it was JUST as good as the 13 dollar Burt's Bee brand.

Target also has an organic brand of rose water toner for about 9 dollars. Both brands work incredible. I LOVE soft skin!! :)
So, what's a beauty/face product you love? Would you ever try to make it? You should!
Happy Thursday!

 

No comments :

Post a Comment