Thursday, August 29, 2013

Bake: Apple Pie in Apples

If you are my friend on facebook then you've seen me post the pictures to this recipe already. However, I didn't include any instructions and I've already gotten several messages about the recipe. So, today I'm going to tell y'all how I made apple pies inside Granny Smith Apples. It was SO easy and they were delicious! For it to have been my first time making them, I defintiely learned a few things that I would've done differently next time but they were still delicious this time.

Here we go!!

What You Need
5-6 Granny Smith Apples
(Disclaimer: It was VERY hard for me to scoop out the inside of the apples without getting seeds all mixed in so I suggest you buy the amount apple for the little pies you want to make and then buy 2-4 more apples. If you want to make 4 little pies like I did, I bought 6 apples. I just cut up the extra two apples for the filling and threw the filling from the apples I carved out of away!)

1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon

1/4 Cup of Sugar

1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar

Pie Crust
(You can buy premade kind or make your own)



 What You Do:

Start by cutting the tops of the apples off and spooning out the inside. This step takes time-and patience! :)





Then, in a mixing bowl, mix the cut up apples with the above ingredients.



Now, spoon the filling into the apples.



 Position the pie crust any way you would like on the top.



Cook the apples in an 8x8 glass pan.
Put just enough water in the bottom of the pan to cover the bottom. Cover the apples with foil.


Cook on 350 degrees for 20-25 with the foil on. Then, remove the foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the pie crust is golden.



I realize that sometimes I may not be as thorough as some people would like. If there is a step you don't understand or think I've left one out, just email me and I'll answer any questions you may have!! :)


Happy Baking!!

 



3 comments :

  1. These are adorable! I'm going to add making these to my fall "to do" list! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so yummy! I definitely think I'll be trying them in the near future :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea. This looks great!

    XO,
    Catherine
    FEST

    ReplyDelete