Saturday, August 17, 2013

strawberry lemonade popsicles.

Well, as of tomorrow, summer is O V E R for this girl.
Boo.
 
I'm in love with summer and everything about it.
I'm having an affair with fall, currently, though.

Summer and fall are my favorites.
There is nothing about fall that I don't adore.
Football games, apple cider, apples, pumpkins, farms, fields, etc. It's all so much fun!
 
My summer bucket list was, without a doubt, the smartest thing I've ever done. It gave me so many goals and ideas to try. I accomplished them all except three (and an updated post will come tomorrow). I've already wrote my fall one that will post later this week, too! One of the items on the list, however, was to make homemade popsicles.
 
This is SUCH an EASY bucket list item and they are SO yummy!!
STRAWBERRY LEMONADE POPSICLES
 
What you need:
strawberries
lemons
strawberry lemonade mix (I used country time lemonade)
popsicle maker holders (I found mine on clearance for $1 at Wal-Mart. That's right, a BUCK!!)
 
What you do:
1. Mix up 2 quarts of the strawberry lemonade.
 
 
For those of you who are bad with math, this is a gallon container. And, four quarts equals one gallon. So, two quarts is half a gallon. Moving on.
 
2. Cut up the strawberries and one lemon. Cut off the rind and remove the seeds.
 
 
 
3. I put 5-6 pieces of strawberries and 3-4 pieces of lemon in one popsicle slip.
 
 
This is what the popsicle holder looks like. Again, mine come from the clearance section in Wal-Mart.
 
 
4. Fill them to the line and put them in the freezer.
 
 
5. Let them freeze for 14-16 hours before you try to eat them or else they won't be hard enough.
 
 
Verdict: They were delicious. And this sweet niece approved!
 
 
 


1 comment :