Saturday, September 28, 2013

100th

It's hard to believe that I started this little blog only seven months ago today!! And it's also hard to believe this is my 100th post! Crazy. 

I started this blog because I like writing. I'm not good at it but I love it. I love people. I love meeting other people and I love sharing my morals, beliefs and opinions. It's been a pleasant surprise to me to receive SO much support since I started this blog. It's been hurtful to receive some criticism over the months for the content I post but that's okay, too! :) You can't please anyone.

So, my friend, Jessica, tagged me in an email because it's also her 100th post. She blogs through a an email subscription list and I adore her! I'm inspired by women who "do it all." I know that she wouldn't think that about herself but I do!
 
So, first, I have to do some updates and since I love lists, that's the way I'm going to "update" y'all.

1. Nursing school this semester has changed my outlook on the profession. I have the most encouraging teachers and classmates. It's so refreshing to be a part of a group of people where we genuinely want everyone to succeed. I love that about my class!

2. I'm still working at the hospital on the hematology/oncology floor. And I still love it. The stories. The kids. The parents. Their faith. All of it. I love it!

3. I've had the incredible opportunity to be a part of some really fun fashion events with Saks and other local boutiques! The blogger breakfast at Saks is Monday, so that will definitely be a post.

4. The Kingwood Lions are doing amazing! They are 5-1 now and I love seeing so many talented players on the field every week. They make me wish I was in high school again. :) And thank you to everyone who read that post!!! It is now by FAR my most viewed post and I've gained close to 200 followers from it. So, sports fans-thanks! 

5. The month of Luke Bryan is about to begin!!!! My friend and I are going to Villa Rica, GA on October 9. My sister and I are going to Auburn, AL on October 10. And, then, my sister and I have a Nashville getaway to see Luke October 18 AND 19 at Bridgestone Arena. And I guess I could mention that I GET TO MEET HIM AGAIN in Auburn!!!!! 

6. I've always been a big reader but none of my friends really ever were/are so I don't talk about reading all that much. I adore Emily Miller: a Washington Times editor, gun supporter and a republican! WIN! Ha! Anyways, she has a new book out that I was asked to review by a publishing company. The day after I received the email, I received two more emails asking me to review books for others. It's fun to be in the swing of reading again-and getting free books to read isn't bad, either. 

7. My niece, Ava Claire, will be TWO in two weeks. That is crazy. I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday! My younger sister and I were taking astronomy together and it was our midterm. I had a crappy blackberry and October 12, 2011 was THE ONE DAY that their service experienced a nationwide blackout. Awesome. Anyways, planning her first birthday was exhausting but fun at the same time. This year is a pumpkin patch theme and I can't wait!!

8. I like Drake now. Drake as in, Drake the rapper. And I won tickets to see him in Atlanta. And my sister won't come with me. Sigh.

9. I'm making homemade Burt's Bees lip balm today. Wish me luck.

10. Alabama is still undefeated. Roll Tide Roll.

Happy Saturday!! And thank y'all so much for reading along! :)

1 comment :

  1. Loved hearing this update from you! The blogger breakfast sounds super fun! And I actually like Drake too even though I'm not into most rap! Hope you can find find someone to go with you! :-)

    xoxo Miss ALK
    http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete