Tuesday, October 22, 2013

burlap and pumpkins: ava claire turns 2!

I love planning things. It can be anything from parties to weddings to gatherings to dinners. I don't care what it is but I love planning them! Last year for my niece's first birthday, I (with my sisters) planned a pink elephant themed party. You can read about that here.

Her first birthday party was totally Pinterest inspired and cost close to, well, probably closer to 1,000 dollars. Insane and over the top? Yes. But it was cute. And, hey, you only turn one once.

So the day after Ava Claire's birthday last year, we started planning her second birthday party, obviously. I don't know what to credit my mermaid obsession to but I've wanted Ava to have a mermaid party since before she was born. Apparently, though, I'm the only one. Ha.

We decided on Candy Land theme earlier this year. All three of us sisters had Pinterest boards dedicated to the second birthday bash and I had a "note" of vendors on my iPhone since March. 

Well, Candy Land would be a totally adorable theme but we decided on a simple "fall" theme probably around August. Ava Claire's birthday is October 12. It is the perfect temperature outside and our parents house is the PERFECT house for a fall themed party. I'm obsessed with the front yard (and the house) and there is plenty of acres to roam. We decided on pumpkins/burlap/lace/pink to be the main focal ideas to work off of. 

For Ava's birthday party last year, we started two weeks before her party preparing. This year was a little different with me in school and tour the southeast for Luke so we decided to set it all up the day of. And, it was outside, so there wasn't a lot of preparation you could do before hand.

Saturday morning on October 12 will forever be one of my favorite party days. I had searched and pinned and planned the new fall theme party and knew I wanted a focal point with burlap as the backdrop. I hadn't seen anything like what we decided on but y'all may have so no judging. Ha.

I'm just going to let the pictures do most of the talking because it's more fun (and easy) to just show you versus telling you. If you have ANY questions on how we did anything or where you can buy anything, do not hesitate to email me or comment with questions! 

The only thing is, if you don't have blogger, PLEASE leave your email in a comment so I can respond to you! :)





















































2 comments :

  1. I'm sorry but why are you in nursing school when you can plan parties like this? Incredible! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable party! Could you come decorate for my 25th?

    ReplyDelete