Tuesday, October 29, 2013

hate on, haters

My family and I always say how we could be the "clean" version of the Kardashians because we have the most fun just living and we have the best vacations. But, I'm not real sure how I'd be able to keep up with the haters. Ha.

I am not famous. I am not weird or cool or awesome. I'm a girl who loves Jesus, country music, Nashville, my family and church. I also love my morals. These interests have attracted a following on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. And, with all of this being said, I have gained A LOT of real life, close friends. At the same time, it is hate central all in my DM's and inbox on Facebook.

I feel like this is almost part of my purpose as weird as that sounds. I mean, there are a lot of girls that don't drink and that are waiting for marriage to have sex. There are a lot of girls that like Luke Bryan and country music. Maybe God sends them my way because it doesn't normally bother me, I don't really know. But, there is only so much responding I can do in 140 characters on Twitter, so I'd figure I take to my faithful little blog to explain just who Katelyn is since it seems to astound so many people on Twitter. Ha.

 

 

    

  


  

  

  

 
 
So, as y'all can see, at least 12 people have an issue with me. So, here we go!! :)
 
Hey haters,
 
My name is Katelyn Carter and I am a 23 year old college graduate with a bachelor's degree. I live in Alabama and I love it. I love Jesus with my whole heart. I have the best parents and family in the whole wide world. I LOVE mason jars, country music, Myrtle Beach, sweet tea, hunting, fishing, Phi Mu, Alabama football and just having a good time.
 
I met Jesus when I was six years old. My parents took me to church from the day I was born. I never had to party or drink because I had fun without that stuff. I'm not judging you if you do party or drink, I'm just proof that you don't HAVE to do those things to have fun.
 
I was salutatorian of my high school class. I was voted Most Likely to Succeed and Miss KCS 2008. I loved going to a private, Christian school and had the best high school experience until my senior year. Some of my friends went drinking after prom and I decided not to go. Then, for the rest of the school year, no one would sit to me and barely talk to me for standing up for what I believed in. :)

In undergraduate study, I was vice president of my sorority, Phi Mu. It is hands down the best sorority ever and we did such fun events. I treasure every friendship that I made in Phi Mu. We had pumpkin carvings, socials and chapter meetings. We would even go to church together.
 
I don't drink alcohol because I don't see any benefit from it. If you decide to socially drink, that's great for you. But, that's just not for me. I've seen first hand from a family member how destructive alcohol can be. I've never seen alcohol lead to something good. I think that I can get a "buzz" from mountain dew. Haha. I don't judge you if you like some Miller Lite or Bud Light. That is totally up to you. But, please do not judge me for deciding not to drink. My parents never have or had alcohol in the fridge. It's just not something that we believe in. What you put in your body matters. You CAN have fun without being drunk.
 
I don't think that you should have sex before marriage for a LOT of reasons. I've blogged and tweeted and posted and ranted about why being a virgin is important to me. First off, if you really think about it, sex is gross. Ha. Sorry. But, it is. The diseases that you can get from unprotected sex is absolutely disgusting. I'll spare you the pictures.
 
Sex is the most personal thing that you could ever do with a person. I, for one, only want to be that personal with one man. And, I want to be that personal with one man AFTER the blessings and promises of a marriage before God and my friends/family. I want to respect the body that God gave to the best of my ability. And, for me, that includes waiting until the blessing of marriage for sex.
 
Sex is so much more than the physical aspect. It's a mental and spiritual thing, too. Every time that you have sex, you're literally giving a piece of your heart and soul to that person. How many people do you want to have a piece of your heart? Hmm. For me, I want one man to have my whole heart. I want to treasure it and protect it and present my heart as the ultimate gift of love to the man I marry. I want to be healthy- physically, mentally and spiritually before I'm married and having sex.
 
Not a lot of people, if any, will talk about sex. That's part of the problem. If it's something you struggle with, it's a real problem-just like drugs and alcohol. There are preachers and teachers and mentors that would LOVE to pray for you and help you in these situations. I've said it in a lot of posts but I'm always here to pray for you. :) Just like with every other point I've addressed in this post, if you are having sex and you feel like that's what you are suppose to be doing, I'm not God, I'm not judging. I'm simply defending Katelyn and what and why Katelyn believes what she does.
 
I don't think that you should dress in a suggestive way as a woman. I don't think that you have to wear garbage bags, either, but respect yourself. You cannot possibly expose your boobs and butt everyday and then complain about the way men treat you. You just can't. Don't be the silly girl that always needs a boyfriend. Work on making you the best you that you can and you'll be the type of woman that compliments a MAN exactly the way you are suppose to.
 
I think that women should talk in a way that is pleasing to God. I don't think that cussing makes you hot or cute. I think that being respectful in way better.
 
I mean, clearly there are several men that have a problem with the way I live my life. But, guess what? I still meet and know and talk to AMAZING men of God everyday of my life. I cannot wait to see that man of God that he has for me. I pray for my husband every single day of my life. I want to be a good wife but I want to be a godly wife more. I want to support my future husband in any way that I can. I will honor and respect and pray for him every day of my life. I don't feel like I'm missing out on something because I am single because I know that the man that God has for me is worth waiting on.
 
I hope this answers some of your questions, haters. And, please, just stop hating because I don't hate any of Y O U.
 
Love,
 
Katelyn


















 

2 comments :

  1. Just wanted to encourage you and remind you that you're not alone. I share those convictions! The decisions you're making now are going to continue to benefit you the rest of your life. :-)

    PS: You should check out what Jon Acuff (bestselling author) says about online haters. :-) http://acuff.me/2013/10/10-words-erase-online-hate/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a beautiful example of what a Godly young woman should be and I pray that my little girl grows up to be just like you. Praying that your Prince Charming is waiting just around the corner to join you in your happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete