Sunday, November 17, 2013

Chase Rice

I hope y'all have had a great weekend! Sundays are hands down my favorite day. And, since today is so gloomy out, it's easy to sit down and blog about my week.

I was invited to a private show and meet and greet with Chase Rice on Thursday. 102.5 The Bull in Birmingham hosts tons of new singers in their "Bull Lounge" and Chase was the featured artist on Thursday. Chase has an EP out titled "Ready Set Roll" that was released just a few months ago. It is amazing. He has a single out right now titled "Ready Set Roll."





He also wrote Florida Georgia Line's massive hit, "Cruise." He told me on Thursday that his intention was to move to Nashville to write and not to sing. Funny how life deals you cards sometimes, right?



I'm a sucker for a good guy. Clean cut, southern, polite guy. That's my weakness. And, while Chase Rice is all of those things, he is by far the "edgiest" singer I've had the pleasure of meeting and talking with. He's sweet but a little tough, too. His lyrics are more in your face than "let me open the door for you" type of lyrics. He also said the F word 18 times during his show Thursday night, but hey, that's what Fireball does to ya, right? (I honestly wouldn't know the answer to this because I don't drink, ha!)

Even with the harsh-ness that could be associated with Chase Rice, he's still an amazing singer. He was so sweet and interacted with the 15 people that were at the Bull Lounge on Thursday. He took special requests and sang mine-of course. :) He met and talked with all of us for longer than the usual "hey, I'm katelyn, you're hot, cheese, bye" type of meet and greet I've grown accustomed to. He's a star, for sure, but he's still new enough that he has the special gratitude factor about him. Every artist I've met-country wise-has had the same quality. I could do a whole post on why I love country music but it's safe to say that Chase was grateful.



His show was at Zydeco in Birmingham on Thursday night. Chris Lane opened for him and Chase took the stage close to 10:45. He sang all the songs off of his EP and several others. He also sang Nelly's rap part in Cruise and let me tell you, Chase can rap. Ha. He was full of energy the entire show. It's fun to go to shows where the artists are so interactive with their band and the crowd.









If you don't have his EP, I strongly suggest you go to ITunes and buy it. If you want to see videos of Thursday, you can find lots of them on my Instagram! My name is @katelync so come follow along!

Happy Sunday!!

PS- Brett Eldredge's post is tomorrow! Woo!

2 comments :

  1. I will have to check out his EP! I love Cruise and discovering new country artists! Thanks for the suggestion! Hope you had a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your music-following LIFE! Invite me next time! :)

    ReplyDelete