Monday, December 9, 2013

i forgive you (and you and you and you)

Forgiveness is something I'm a firm believer in. I believe in forgiving people. 

I've received more hurtful and hate filled messages in the past 7 days- from complete strangers and people who I thought were my friends- and I just needed to type that I'm forgiving them.

Well, I forgive you. I forgive you for saying that I'll be "forever alone because there is no man that believes in waiting for marriage to have sex and you're not pretty enough anyways to marry any guy." I forgive you because I know this isn't true. I'll honor God with my purity until the day I get married. If that means I'll be single forever (which it doesn't), I have to be okay with that. I forgive you because I know that I'm never going to be a Victoria Secret supermodel or look like Carrie Underwood but I'm learning to love the person God created me to be. I have tons of work to do in my life but I forgive you for pointing out my flaws. 

I forgive you for saying that the only reason "people want to be your friend is because you get free tickets to shows. People are just using you and when you figure that out, you'll have no friends." I forgive you because I AM receiving amazing opportunities right now and I'm trying my best to use discernment with the people I allow myself to get close to. Creating relationships with people as friends is hazy sometimes when you don't know their intentions. I forgive you for assuming that I'm too unintelligent to figure this out on my own. 

I forgive you for saying that "your dreams are too big. There should be a limit that you place on them. Moving to Nashville is something anybody can do but good luck making it as a writer or PR person for anyone that is a somebody." I forgive you for putting limits on my dreams. I forgive you for not having enough faith in me-or yourself-to question such ambitions. Yes, it will be hard and I am not ever going to ASK for anything. I'm willing to work 50 hours a week until I figure out the right company to work for, and I forgive you for questioning the work ethic prepared behind my dreams.

I forgive you for saying that "the more you post on social media, the more I assume you're life is perfect. lol. please just have one bad day and prove you're not a robot with no problems." I REALLY forgive you for assuming this. I mean, reading this post should prove the entire previous statement wrong. I forgive you for prematurely judging someone that you don't know.

I've decided to forgive these people-as well as every person who is negative towards me-because it's the right thing to do. I'm never going to be able to keep moving forward if I dwell on every negative comment people send me. Sure, you can think my nose is too big and that my hair is too curly and that my plans are too far fetched. That's okay. Because just know that before you even say these things out loud to me, I forgive you.

I forgive you because whether or not I want to believe it, people are waiting for me to say or do the wrong thing. Some people don't like success stories. Some people can't handle ambition and drive, and I'm sorry. 

I'm still trying to figure out who wants to be in my life for the right reasons and the people who have just started trying to be my friend for the wrong reasons. I am being blessed with opportunities I use to DREAM about and I understand that this will attract some fake people. I have had to become so much more guarded-even within the last 24 hours-of who I allow to be close to me because of their intentions. I don't want to be involved with people who suck the life out of me. I want to be around people who really want to be my friend because of who I am, not because of what I get to do. 

This is a different type of post because it's exhausting to open message after message of negative comments. But, at the same time, I need those people to know that instead of using so much energy to be negative, it won't work with me. Be positive. See the positive in people. Forgive them when they are mean or ugly to you. Pray for those people. Live your life and keep dreaming your dreams. A sweet friend sent me a quote that said "if you're going to shine, you're going to make people mad." 

That's true. So shine anyways. Forgive people and love people. There's way too many people that need love. No one needs the mean and hate. 

Shine on, sun shines! :)

1 comment :

  1. You are such an inspiration. Thanks for always shining the light of Christ into my life & into the life of your followers!

    ReplyDelete