Tuesday, January 14, 2014

beautiful you

 I've met several girls through Facebook over the years through being involved in ministry and I absolutely adore them! I even have gotten to meet some of them. Their hearts are so pure and so sweet and beautiful! It's easy to see that they are doing exactly what God has called them to do.
 
I wanted to talk, errr, blog, a little about girls, insecurity and appearance tonight.
 
I am probably one of the MOST insecure people. In the world. I'm no supermodel. I'm no Barbie. People don't want to be me and a lot of people never ever will think I'm pretty or like me. And, that's okay.

What I don't ever want is a pity party for myself. Sure, I think my hair is pretty cute and I don't think I'm ugly, but I'm definitely not always comfortable in my skin. I think I'm pretty fun to be around. I love Jesus and I love people! I pray that is what shines through.
 
Like what I said above-I don't think I'm super attractive- by worldly standards.
But, I KNOW I'm super attractive to the creator of the universe- GOD. I know this because he made me. I know by God's standards I am perfect. And lovely. And that I'm desirable by HIM. And, that has to be enough.
 
Think about what the world would be like if we had no mirrors. Can you even do that? It's really hard but if you think for a very long time, what do you think the world would be like? A world with no comparison. A world where everyone embraced everyone, regardless of shape or size or color or features. How perfect, right? That's how God sees us. He doesn't look at our outward appearances, he doesn't even care. He sees our HEARTS!!!

I've always known this, but lately, I've forgotten it. Sometimes I feel like the BIGGEST failure. But, I've been seeking God more the past week than I have in a while. So many distractions was getting in the way of me to see myself the way God sees me. I started seeing me by world standards. I started seeing an imperfect figure, hair and clothes. Then, I started reading and studying about Ruth. Ruth was such a beautiful woman and I am learning so much about her. Her story is a WHOLE OTHER post but I encourage you to read it.
 
Some of the friends I've made have struggled with eating disorders, disturbed body images and low self esteem. Some people have never even been told that GOD is in love with them and that he thinks that they are beautiful and amazing! Again, God ONLY SEES YOUR HEART!!! So, that's all he is concerned about. And, when you think about it, it's true. If you are kind and polite and lovely to people, you ARE beautiful.


I will never understand how girls can be so heartless and cruel to each other. I was raised to view everyone equal and not to view anyone as a threat. I was raised to try my hardest to put my "God goggles" on and try to see people the way God sees them. I've had friends who have been bullied and even written suicide letters. Thank GOD none of them ever went through with it. When they told me about it, I would think "you are the coolest girl, why would you ever want to end your life?" But, you know what, then I started getting hateful messages from complete strangers with comments on my blog or twitter messages. Like, for real messages that told me that the world would be a much better place without me. I've had another girl tell me that she wanted me to kill myself. These are destroying words. These are words that cause damage beyond repair. I am glad that I've been taught to speak living words and kind words. I simply ignore the messages and pray about it. It's not that easy for everyone and I get that. I just learned from a very young age that Jesus was the only person in my life that would love me through any situation.


It's my sincere desire that as girls, we would encourage one another. I want everyone to reach their dreams. Whatever it is that you are dreaming, I will always be on your team- 100%. Life isn't a competition. Life is suppose to be worthwhile and beautiful. If you need a friend, I'll be anyone's friend. I pray that girls realize how much worth they have.
 
I want every girl in the whole world to know how beautiful you truly are! If you don't see yourself that way, I am praying for you! I know that I have a lot of work to do on myself-physically and spirtitually- but I know what God thinks of me. There is no one else in the world who can be the YOU that you can be. That must mean that YOU are pretty special, huh?
 
You are. Some of you paint or sing or model or play music or whatever you do. You are the only one who can do it like you can. It's my prayer that we all accept ourselves and THE LOVE GOD gives us. Life is so hard alone. Please, I beg you, get involved with a Bible study, join a church or even email or comment me, I would LOVE to be a part of your journey.
Remember, you are absolutely beautiful! Just the way you are!!
 
 


2 comments :

  1. LOVE this song and your beauty that shines through! Hold your head up high, lady~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not sell yourself short! You are as beautiful on the outside as your are on the inside, and it is no secret that you have a beautiful soul! I am so thankful for all of your encouraging posts and to consider you a friend. The world needs more people like you.

    ReplyDelete