Wednesday, January 8, 2014

dreaming

Do you ever have days where you feel like the biggest loser in the whole world?
Ha. Well, for the sake of everyone in the world, I hope you haven't. I, on the other hand, struggle with being a real big loser in my mind about 78% of the time. It definitely not something I ever want to admit or be proud of, but, it happens.

I mean, I know that I'm not a loser but sometimes you have people in your life who manipulate you and just bring you down. If there is anything I've learned in the first 8 days of 2014, it's that there are a lot of fake "friends" that take advantage of you or people who simply use you. I get SO much backlash from people on my blog and twitter that I'm too ugly to ever be married, that being a virgin is stupid, that I'll never make it in the country music industry as a writer, etc. etc. BUT, what I never really believe is that these people are right. I mean, I have a HECK of a long way to go before landing my dream job and all BUT at the same time, I've kind of surprised myself with how far I've already came.
 
Probably my newest but realest friend, Michelle, and I talk all the time. What matters in your life is not what other people say or think about me, what matters is what I prove to others. It's SO nice to have people with similar goals and dreams that really believe in you. One positive voice far outweighs all the negativity I receive for whatever reason.
 
I've always been a go getter type personality. If I want something, I work for it. I was raised that NOTHING is handed to you. I was raised to be a kind and fair person and God will reward that. And so far, 100% of the time, God has. I put my dreams on semi hold every time someone says something negative, and that's wrong. If someone doesn't believe me or believe IN me, then forget them. It's not worth my time to try to convince someone to believe in me. I have to believe in myself before I should or could expect anyone else to believe in me.
 
This whole dreaming and not letting anyone stop me topic has been in my brain since Monday. I will have 100 amazing days and 1 bad day. It sucks. There is no real reason why I will have that 1 bad day but it does make me question everything I'm doing with my life. And, over the past few days, I literally have received 14 emails from girls who are going through similar situations.
 
I started this blog because I wanted to bring a voice to girls that it's okay to be the "good" girl and it's more than okay to dream. That was almost a year ago I started this blog. Now, with over 100k views and hundreds of faithful followers, I feel like girls are realizing it IS okay to have big dreams. And to work for them.
 
I just want girls (everybody, really) to resolve to leave the negative people in the past. 2014 is still a BRAND new year and I refuse to listen to people and their negativity anymore. There are some girls on twitter who blatantly talk about me. It's rude to do but it doesn't bother me anymore. I blocked them and don't go look at their page. I've unfriended people on facebook that are negative influences and even deleted hundreds of numbers from my phone of people who aren't true friends. If they text me, I just don't respond.

I know that there is no 100% way to get rid of negativity in our lives but there are so many steps that we can take to be as positive as possible. The more positive I am, the more willing I am to work for my dreams because they seem attainable. God allows us to live our life in hopes that we know him, first off. Then, he obviously wants us to love others like he loves them but I firmly believe God wants us to have fun in life. So, whatever you think is fun, go do it. If someone is stopping you, remove them from your life. There's too much life to live to listen to negative people all the time.

One year ago TODAY I wrote a "dream list" of things I wanted to do. A bucket list, if you will. And, I will let y'all know that I completed 100% of that 40 item list. Some were very small things and very insignificant to most. But, they were all little dreams of mine and I accomplished 100% of them because I refused to be stopped by fake friends and guys who weren't serious about relationships. It was like taking off a layer of clothes (aka negativity) and it was the best year of my life.

I made another dream list today. These goals may take longer than a year to attain BUT I have something to keep me accountable. And, I encourage you all to do the same. If there is any dream that I can help you with, email me!! I am ALL about making people's dreams come true. I want girls to love God, find amazing friends and relationships and to just genuinely love life. It's such an amazing place to be in when you love yourself.
 
If that means you are the only one not drinking at a bar, so be it. I've been to PLENTY of bars in the past year and only drank water. If that means that no guy in high school will date you because you are saving yourself for marriage, no need to worry. The hottest guys start coming around mid 20's anyways. ;) If that means that you have to get rid of every friend you have and look for more positive ones, I hope this is the swift nudge you need to do so.

Bottom line--make 2014 the year that you refused to say no to your dreams. I promise you that you will not regret setting goals and accomplishing them!

:)  



3 comments :

  1. You are such an amazing person. God has you where He wants you and that is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love reading your blog posts! They are so inspiring to me. A few months ago, I saw you in twitter, which led to your blog. Now I'm writing my own blog and I love it! I've learned as I've gotten older than you do have to block out all negativity to be happy! Yesterday I was having a down day and decided to get off social media and listen to K Love Christian Radio and I immediately felt uplifted! I hope that you remember how much you inspire others and I hope that all your dreams come true!

    xo
    -Brooke

    simplybrooketheblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get where you are coming from here, but there's one piece of the puzzle that will help even more if you realize it...You say, "What matters in your life is not what other people say or think about me, what matters is what I prove to others." As you get older, you will realize that you don't have to prove anything to anyone but yourself!

    ReplyDelete