Monday, January 27, 2014

luke bryan: madison square garden

 
 
Well, I did it. This Alabama girl traveled over 1,300 miles in the past 3 days and saw more and had more first time experiences than I've ever had in my life.
 
New York was amazing. And beautiful. And everything I ever thought and hoped it would be. I could never put into words the beauty and awe of a city! I will say, though, that I just really was made to be a southern girl. ;)
 
Friday morning I left for the big city. My sweet boss dropped me off at the airport so I wouldn't have to pay 450 dollars to park my car for two days! I am so grateful for the amazing people I work for and allow me to have so many adventures until I get both feet planted in Nashville.
 
I flew US Airways and I 100% recommend them. Every pilot was attractive and every flight attendant was so helpful. The airport security freaked me out because of all the liquid rules but I made it threw in a breeze. After a day of traveling, I finally made it to NYC around 4 PM on Friday. My amazingly awesome friend, Sadie, was more than gracious to wait on me so we could hail a cab together to our room.
Let me tell you...getting a cab is probably one of my favorite things now. I mean, I totally could get use to just waving at people to take me places. Haha! After we got to the room and changed, we went to meet some more friends. We ate at Bubba Gump's in the middle of time square. Absolutely delicious and absolutely fun times with fun friends!
 
 
I'm not sure which one of us had the group photo but it wasn't me or I'd post it here. But, this is my super pretty friend, Catie, from California. And she's adorable. Obviously.
 
We were tourist-y Friday night and Saturday before getting ready for Mr. Bryan and friends.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The show started at 7:30 and I needed to pick up my m&g pass so we arrived a little early. Madison Square Garden is unlike anything I've ever seen in my life. New York City in it's majesty was unlike anything I've ever seen in my life.
 
We make it to our incredibly awesome seats, again, thank you SADIE!! :)
 
 
The first performer was Cole Swindell. He was a merchandise seller for Luke Bryan just a few years ago and now he is OPENING for Luke. It's so fun and amazing to watch an artist like him grow so much. I still have a picture with Cole and I from Farm Tour a few years ago when he was selling T-shirts. Then, he opened for Luke on Farm Tour and now he's opening for Luke Bryan and has a CD coming out in February. So, go right now and pre order it because it's amazing.
 
 
 
Then, it was time to go say hello to Luke Bryan. I have had the amazing privilege of meeting Luke three times before and he is the sweetest and most genuine artist I've ever met. Like with Cole, I've been a fan of Luke's music (and a fan of Luke as a PERSON) ever since his first album came out. I've seen him 10 times over the past few years and every time, he improves the show. And he improves when there is nothing to improve. He's amazing!
 
The m&g line is always one of my favorite parts because of the people you meet and see. There are little girls crying, little boys meeting their heroes and momma's telling Luke thank you for being an amazing role model. Which, small time out right here. Do we realize how amazing of a role model he really is? I have never met a more happy and content person than Luke Bryan. He has a heart of gold and he continually thanks God and his sweet family in all his award speeches and such. He's an amazing singer, entertainer and family man. His wife and sweet boys are so blessed by him and he by them! I just love seeing an artist so committed to his family and giving so much back. Honestly, I've never heard a fan "running into Luke" somewhere and having a bad experience. Just an all around good guy. :)
 
Anyways, as I was waiting in line, Ms. LeClaire Bryan, Luke's mom, was walking by. I was discreet as possible but just thanked her for raising such a good guy and asked for a picture. She was so sweet and said we could.
 
 
Soon after Ms. LeClaire walked by, I spotted another extremely fun and nice person, Leah.
I've followed Leah on Twitter for a while and just love everything about her. You'll have to check out her blog here to learn more about her. Thank you Leah for being so sweet and welcoming!
 
 
Several "team luke" Instagram accounts have stumbled across my Instagram for one reason or another and so many fans were so excited for me to experience the concert and were sending Luke sweet messages. So, I told them all that I would do my absolute best to show him all the love. When it was my turn, he said "nice to see you again!" It's okay that he may not know my name or anything about me but the fact that he knew he was meeting me again was fun enough for me. :) Luke is just one of those artists who you want to remember you and be best friends with. I pulled out my phone and explained that so many of his fans were "cheering" him on and he was so excited. Y'all, I've never seen a bigger smile. I have to believe that he sees all of our support and love and that's what (along with everything else) keeps him going. It was fast but he saw them all. I said, "they just all say hey and congratulations and good luck." He said, "well, we can say hey back." So, he wrote y'all this sweet little note:
 
 
And then, we "attempted" my sorority, Phi Mu, hand sign. He got the hang of it. :)
 
 

Another familiar face is Mike, aka Vanilla Mike. I love how sweet all of Luke's crew is and Vanilla Mike is no exception. And, his girlfriend, Kelly, is the SWEETEST girl ever. Love y'all! So, when I saw Vanilla Mike, I immediately thought that we had to take a picture to send to Kelly since she was back home being the best teacher ever. Thank you Vanilla!
 


I missed all of Lee Brice's set by being in m&g but he sounded awesome!
 
On to the main event! Luke's entrance was nothing short of jaw dropping. He rose from under the stage on a Chevy jamming out to "That's My Kind of Night."
 
 

 
 
I know a lot of the people who will read this post are planning on attending shows, so I'll save the set list, etc. and just post some pictures. There are some videos on my Instagram (katelync) that you can view whenever you'd like to!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oh, and, of course, we scored a selfie with Mr. Bryan for the third time. :)
 
 
Another amazing thing about Luke is the ticket prices. No other artist has tickets at these prices and puts on this kind of show. It was perfect and amazing and I still haven't recovered from it.
 
Thank you Luke Bryan, family, crew and friends for an UNFORGETTABLE first experience in NYC. Maybe we should do it again in about eight months? Cool. See y'all there. :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments :

  1. How do you get meet Luke so many times? I have tried to get meet and greet but have never ever been that lucky, this February will be my 7th time seeing him in concert and I can't ever get so lucky :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome post! You're so humble and down to earth. Thank you for letting us live bi-curiously through you and your concerts, meet and greets, and posts! Hope to meet you one day in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog!! I'm so jealous you got to meet Luke Bryan ohhhh my gosh, so good looking! And New York is one of my favorite places to visit. I agree though, I'm a southern girl at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s good to know that you had a blast on your trip! You even hailed a cab successfully and loved it; which is a big success, since New York is one of the busiest cities in the state, and hailing a cab is a huge challenge even for locals. Cheers!

    Grady Mann @ Downtown Yellow Taxi

    ReplyDelete