Saturday, February 8, 2014

i'm a virgin. so?

this is short and sweetttttt tonight because it's currently 10 PM and I'm not at a country show for the first time since September and I am tired. but, I've been asked A LOT in the past few weeks about my relationship status, views on marriage, relationship type questions, etc.

okay, so, first up- I'm 24. and I'm a virgin. I'm not ashamed of that. And, I'll never be ashamed of that. I fell in love with Jesus at a very young age and I have had amazing men examples in my life. My grandfathers and father are the greatest men alive. They give until they can't give anymore and they love more than anyone I've ever met.

I made a promise to myself and to my church and to my parents and to everyone that I would remain pure until I was married. The standards that I guess I have for a man are pretty high, so my purity has never really been subjected before.

One guy that I was talking to in college literally got mad and ignored me after we went to dinner one night when I told him that I wouldn't have sex with him.

It's just never been a hard thing to say no to. For me.

I get emails and twitter messages weekly about "how I stay pure." I don't really have the right answers but I don't put myself in compromising situations, I stay sober so I know what's happening and I'm just not going to have sex until I'm married.

I know that this blog was STARTED to be an encouragement to girls and it's slowly gained a TON of momentum because of all the amazing travels and shows I've been blessed with over the past few months.

But, since this is basically an online diary, I just felt like someone somewhere tonight maybe needed a little encouragement or a little push that purity is an AMAZING thing and it's not something to be ashamed of.

If you are pure, you are strong. ANYONE can have sex. Not anyone will be able to tell their spouse that they have saved themselves (and their hearts) for that one person.

I have a purity ring that my parents gave me when I was 18. I wear it on my right hand but it's a constant reminder to me. I look at it as being married to myself. I have to look out for myself and control myself. Then, when the day comes and I'm asked to marry the right guy, I won't have to second doubt myself based on previous situations.

I'm a firm believer in everything I've mentioned in this post. If you need someone to pray for you, I'll be HAPPY to. I've let guys get away with inappropriate talk lately towards me and I need to stand up for myself and be reminded that purity is more than just no sex. It's purity of our thoughts and motives, too.

So, if you are a virgin, don't be ashamed and don't be embarrassed. Walk with the confidence that the right man will embrace your purity. He will guard it. He will protect it. He will honor it.

The right man is worth waiting for.

:)

5 comments :

  1. I just wanted you to know, that I too am also a virgin. I am 21. I was made fun of in high school for not having sex with anyone. People started a rumor my 10th grade year that I did have sex with a guy, which was not true. Which started a bunch of trouble for me and I hated going to school. I eventually had to get what's called a stay at my high, basically a restraining order for school. Lol. I have had boyfriends, and guys that I have liked but I didn't want to have sex with them. I still don't want to till I'm married. I commend you for what you are doing. To this day, I still get asked why I font have a boyfriend right now. Because frankly, most guys do just want to have sex and that's it. I do not however. I had a friend who would brag to me on a daily basis on how much sex she would get. I hated that. We eventually grew apart, that's another story. Lol. Anyways, if you ever would like to talk just let me know. I have Facebook: Molly Jane Hillis & I also follow you on instagram. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way I look at it is I would MUCH rather be a virgin than have sex with some random guy and really regret my decision. I don't think I've ever heard a friend say that they regret not having sex with somebody, but I've heard plenty of "I really wish I hadn't of slept with him"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to post earlier, but I think I goofed. Just wanted to say how much I love this post. Thank you for being so open and honest. You're an awesome role model!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Third time's a charm, so if you get a lot of my comments, I was just having a hard time posting. I love this post so much. Thank you so much for being so open and honest, you're an awesome role model!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud of you in your decisions & for speaking boldly of your faith :) Your future husband is a lucky man! Love you bunches xo

    ReplyDelete