Sunday, May 18, 2014

sam hunt & david nail || chattanooga

Thursday was the final show of last week. My sister and I rearranged our work schedules to get to have a mini road trip to Chattanooga. Sam and David were performing at Track 29. It was an interesting venue in that it was a huge warehouse. It was a cool and relaxed vibe the whole show. I've gotten so use to bar shows the past few months that a big airy space like Track 29 was a nice change. My sister had never seen David Nail perform but I have several times when I've been in Nashville. The real reason of us going though, obviously, is because Sam was the opener.
 
I have NOTHING bad to say about David Nail. He's a GREAT performer with tons of hits and has a good stage presence. I didn't mind paying the 20 dollar ticket price for two amazing acts but I totally would've paid it even it was Sam performing a solo show. We got to the venue early because we never know how early we will need to get there, especially with general admission shows. Well, we got there and got in line and who walks out of the venue? David Nail did. Ha. He was so nice and took pictures and talked with us. Very personable and polite.
 
 


I love hearing David perform "Whatever She's Got." It's such a fun and upbeat song that everyone sings along to. A new favorite of his is "Kiss You Tonight." It's his new single and the video for it is also amazing so make sure you watch it.
 
We also got to see Sam for a just a minute before the show but he's hands down the NICEST artist ever. Him and his entire band and tour manager and manager always treat you with such warmth. Sam makes it incredibly easy to be his fan.
 
My favorite part about getting to go to all these Sam shows is getting to watch his fan base grow so rapidly. The first time I downloaded his acoustic tape last summer I knew he was the next big thing. From the first time seeing him perform until now, it's been the fastest fan base growth. I mean, even from february to now on twitter his followers have doubled. It's crazy!! The people behind us in line had no idea who Sam was before we went in. Of course, I told them all about him and by the end of the show, they were posting on Facebook that Sam stole the show--and their hearts. :)
 
Sam is another performer that gets and holds the audiences attention. His entire band is the same way. Josh, Josh and Tyrone are all some of my favorite band mates to watch because they sing along with the songs and just get really involved. Sam literally goes into the crowd for part of his set and it's so fun when artists do that.
 
Of course, one of my favorites he performs is Cop Car. Once you know the story behind the song told to you by Sam and then hear him sing it, it's amazing. It's like singing story time. All of his songs are like that. I love his new stuff and if there is one album of the year I'm anticipating the most, it's his for sure.

Another favorite of Sam's that I love to see him perform is "House Party." And, if you've never heard this song, here you go. You're welcome. Anyone wanna meet at my house in a few? I feel a house party coming on.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Clearly Track 29 had some intense lighting so I apologize for the brightness of the pictures but you get the idea. :)

Lots of y'all also listened to Sam on Sound Cloud before he had to take all the music down. If you didn't download it in enough time, I have a few CD's left that I'll be happy to send to you. Just make sure you comment here or email me for one. Make sure you leave an email address in the comments, though, so I can get in touch with you.

 
I had the time of my life and getting to say hey and hang out for a few minutes with the guys always is the cherry on the trip.
 
 
Tyrone :) and no there was no thug faces this time. I am sorry to disappoint and had no idea that many people were following our sequence of pictures. We will make sure to do thug faces next time. Haha!
 
 
JoshyB. The greatest. LOVED seeing you and your sweet family again. You're awesome.


 
 
 
 
I feel like I owe the biggest thanks to Sam and his crew so far this year for such unforgettable show memories. Y'all rock every single time I see you. See y'all in a few weeks!! :)
 
 


2 comments :

  1. I would love a cd! How should I get my info to you! Looks like you had a great time with your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pick me for the Sam CD haha!! But really... I feel like we have the same taste in artists an that I would love Sam!

    ReplyDelete