Saturday, April 11, 2015

big revival(s)

Happy weekend sweet friends!

I hope that your week has been filled with memory worthy days and restful nights. I know this week, for me, it has been. And for that, I am extremely thankful. I'd had been in a rut for a while because of life and I just got tired of that a few weeks ago. I woke up one Thursday morning and I remember thinking, "I want my joy back." So, that's what I did.

I talked to God for a long time that Thursday. I talked to him on the way to work, on the way home from work, walking outside, cleaning out the garage--we just talked. I told him all my insecurities--I don't feel pretty enough, I'm not where I want to be career wise, I'm not where I want to be relationship wise, I'm just not enough to myself most days. And I cried and talked and cried some more. Let me tell you, friends, that was a healing day. I remember God whispering back to me in so many ways that day that I was enough--and you are too.

I suffer from Type A personality. I say that as a "suffering" quality because more times than not I suffer because of being type A. I never feel like I've completed a project all the way because there is always something I would change or add to. I have to make sure the shoes in my closet are all facing a certain way. I carry exactly 2 pens, 1 lip gloss and 1 toothbrush in my purse at all times. My life is dictated by lists and goals and plans. This is a good thing to an extent. But, then what happens when I DON'T meet those goals by their deadlines, etc. I fall apart. I've learned over the last few weeks that I've "fallen apart" so the Lord can put me back together. I've had a big revival in my life in many areas. In friendships, in relationships, in goals/plans/dreams and in my spiritual life.

I am enough--and you are, too. I hope that you'll cling to that truth. If you need prayer or someone to talk to, I am right here and I'm willing to do either.

All this revival talk leads me to what I got to do on my Thursday night...Kenny Chesney and friends made their stop in Birmingham, Alabama and they did not disappoint. If you've been a reader here for a while you know that my younger sister Lauren is normally my partner to all these shows. Kenny Chesney is my mother's favorite. I had the opportunity to take her to the show last night. Y'all, it was the best thing ever.  



It's fun to be reminded at how much someone's music can make a person's day. I've been around it for a while now and while I don't take a moment of any of it for granted, I do sometimes kind of get unimpressed easily because I feel like I've seen it all. That's not the case with the line up of this tour. Seriously, if you don't have plans to see the Big Revival Tour, make sure you get you some tickets.

Chase Rice was the first opener. I've known Chase for a while and it's so fun to see him go from playing radio shows to bar shows to opening up for someone as huge as Kenny Chesney. He had hurt his foot earlier in the day playing basketball but still came out and performed his set like a champ!



Jake Owen was the next opener. I don't think he stood still for more than half a second. His energy was easily in the top 5 of performers I've been able to see perform. Also, another fun fact about Jake--he always performs barefoot. :) He sang a handful of his classics as well as my favorite "What We Ain't Got."


Kenny Chesney is another artist in the top 5 for energy at shows. And I don't think he sweats--which makes me incredibly jealous but also makes me wonder why he doesn't. :) He performed for a solid two hours. My favorite of his, currently, is Wild Child. He also played a heart warming "There Goes My Life" and encored with "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy." Which, I mean, I do.

 
 I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!! Music festival season is upon us and I'm excited to be attending a few in the next few months along with some really fun shows and interviews planned. Happy weekend!



































 





 

No comments :

Post a Comment