Saturday, April 18, 2015

Interview // Gannon Adams

It's Saturday, woo!! I hope that you're all having a great weekend and getting excited about the ACM's tomorrow night. Hands down--one of my favorite nights of television.  Speaking of country music, there is one really talented guy that I've had the opportunity to get to know over the past few months. My good friend, Taylor Davids, introduced us! His name is Gannon Adams and he just released his album, Tailgate High, today! I wanted to thank Taylor and Gannon for taking the time to plan for us to be able to talk. I know that y'all will love him even more after getting to know a little more about him!


______________________________________

1.  When did you decide that you wanted to pursue music as a career?
"I guess it all started when I met my manager, Barry Williams (Jason Aldean's dad, just FYI). He gave me a song and told me that he wanted to see what I could do with it. That was about 3 years ago and ever since then was when I knew that this is what I wanted to do. Everything fell into place. Right after I recorded that song is when the guys that I'm with right now found me and it just took off."

2. Who is/are some of your biggest musical inspirations?
"Merle Haggard is one of my biggest inspirations. I love his music. I've gotten to open for him 3 different times. The first show that I ever did was an acoustic show at the Ryman  in downtown Nashville and I got to open up for him. He invited me to go to 2 other shows with him--one in Pigeon Forge, TN and one in Macon, GA. It was awesome just to be able to be on the same stage as him." 

3. Do you write your own songs? If so, what is your favorite part of the songwriting process?
"I do write a lot. On my new album, there are 4 or 5 songs that I've had a part of writing and co-writing on. I like writing with anybody, really, it's fun. When a song is coming together and you're just sitting around, cutting up and having a good time--that's what it's all about. When you're writing with someone and the song starts to fall together, that's the most fun."

4. What is your favorite song that you've written so far?
"Game Face. It was the song that I had the most fun writing because when I wrote it, it got chosen to be on the Rotary Lombardi Award show. It was on national television on CBS Sports. I was able to be on national television with that song and got to be at the awards in Texas so that's probably my favorite song that I've written."

((This song is on his album!!))

5. Do you play any instruments? If so, for how long and did you take lessons?
"I play acoustic guitar. I've played for about 15 years. I started out taking a few lessons when I was younger just to kind of learn the basics. After that, I taught myself."

6. Do you ever get nervous before you perform?
"All the time. I think it's more anxious than anything. I get excited and get butterflies in my stomach before I get ready to play. I love that feeling. I love feeling excited and anxious and nervous all at the same time before I get ready to play."

7. How would you describe your music or "sound" to people?
"I would say I'm more of the classic country sound. That's my roots and what I grew up on (think Mark Chesnutt, Garth Brooks, Merle Haggard). I'm definitely more of the old school country."

8. What advice would you give to beginners in the music industry?
"Just go for it. That's what I did. I just went for it. I moved up here knowing just a handful of people and still am new to Nashville. I've been here about 8 months. Just do it and go. If that's what you want to do, jump into it head first."

9. What is one interesting fact that people may not know about you?
((stumped him for a few seconds on this one)) 
"I'm single. How about that?"

10. What is 2015 looking like for you?
"My plan for the rest of the year is to keep working and staying busy. I plan on doing whatever I can. If someone wants me to come play, I'm more than willing to do so. I want to get my name out there as much as possible. Keep playing--that's the goal."

______________________________________

I love the way he answered that last question--just keep playing!! And, if you want to see Gannon in your area, make sure that you're calling your local venues and requesting him to play. Gannon is a class act and a true southern gentleman. I have no doubt that this is just the beginning of a great career for him. Make sure you head over to Itunes and get a copy of his album and follow him on all social media sites for more information. Thank you Gannon for taking the time to talk with me for a few minutes!!
















No comments :

Post a Comment