Friday, July 24, 2015

the world and our hearts

The world. Our hearts.

Two nouns. 

Yet these two words-- world and hearts--have absolutely been wrecking me. 

The Lord is SO faithful. He is so merciful. He is so beautiful. 

Aloha from the big island, friends. I hope that wherever you are reading this from, that you're having an absolutely amazing Friday and that you realize your worth and that you're walking the path the Lord has for you. 

I continually keep telling my momma when I check in with her that I have been learning so much about Jesus that it literally is keeping me up at night. So much so that this is a scheduled post for Friday afternoon but really I'm typing away on this iPhone (which, is really difficult) at 2 AM because the Lord and I, we're just having a moment. We've been having a lot of them lately. And I'm so amazed by Him. I've loved the Lord for a very long time but continuing to FALL in love with Him is what's making this journey so much more fulfilling and precious. The Lord seeks us everyday. The fact that He loves EVERY soul but will still come wreck my heart at 2 AM on a Friday in the little town of Kona, Hawaii---it gives me chills.

So, back to the beginning. 

The world. Our hearts. 

I am so blessed to be here in Hawaii. I was looking through my camera roll today and realized an amazing truth. Even two months ago, my camera roll was full of Mexican food, my nieces, my best friends from the southeast, my kitty (RIP) and country concerts. But now? My camera roll is filled with worship services, teachings from Muslim converts, and weekend adventures with friends from Brazil, Philly, Hawaii, Korea, France, and Moldova. My life has been so radically impacted this past month that I have no words really. But, what I can say is my heart and what's on it. And what's on it is the world.

I've always been comfortable in Alabama. I was a good Christian. I taught Sunday school and went to weekly services. I paid for the car behind me at Starbucks. I posted my scriptures and read Jesus Calling. And, is that wrong? No. Absolutely not. I was a comfortable Christian. I prayed, worshiped and taught. But, I was comfortable. Do you think Jesus was always comfortable on earth? 

Absolutely not. 

He was homeless. He was tired. He was beat and rejected and killed. And you know why? Because the WORLD was on His HEART.

In small group last week, our "homework" was to start reading Romans. Well, I got a little carried away and read the whole book. And it's sitting really pretty at number two of my favorite books of the Bible after 1 Peter. Have you read it? If not, I challenge you to. I was researching for more understanding and basically Paul was writing to the Jewish Christians to confront them about their "holier than thou" attitude. And goodness, that hit me. Sometimes, regretfully, I carry a "holier than thou" attitude. "Oh I'm not a drug addict like her, oh I don't drink like him so the Lord must be SO proud of me." 

Ha. Ha. Ha. That's me laughing at myself. Because the Lord isn't proud of a proud heart. He really worked it out with me this weekend as I was reading that. I mean, wrestling with God, it's a thing, y'all. Anyways, chapters 10 and 11 are where I fell apart in His goodness and love. I'll sum up what I got out of the chapters but I strongly encourage y'all to read Romans--specifically these chapters. Paul is talking about how our vision and calling can mature from wanting to improve our cities to wanting to go to the ends of the WORLD. The Lord will literally put the entire WORLD in our HEARTS. To go. You won't always know where immediately or how or why. But you'll know that you want to go. 

"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news." Romans 10:15

If you'll let me, jump over to 2 Corinthians 5:5 which says "now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." A favorite translation of mine of the Bible is the message version. So, guess what that translation says? "He puts a little of heaven in our HEARTS so that we never settle." Chill bumps for you, too? Woah, the Lord cares so much. He's so beautiful.

I was talking with a new friend here about how I never felt a loud voice from the Lord saying "Katelyn, do this." And what they said revolutionized my life. He said "maybe you haven't heard a loud voice yet because you ARE walking the path the Lord has called you to. He's closed the doors He doesn't want you walking through and you're trusting Him. You're listening to Him and you're not even realizing it. The Lord isn't going to always yell. He's going to whisper, and you have to be in tune with his HEART to hear it." I mean, it's a simple truth really. God is speaking to me. God does whisper to me. And he whispers to you, too. 

So, what has He been whispering to me? That He's putting the WORLD in my HEART to go. That's an exciting and terrifying and amazing feeling. Goodness, I get to have 2+ hour opportunities every night to worship and fall more in love with God. The world needs to hear about the love of God. The world needs you to have it in your HEART. So, will you pray for me? There's several options that will allow me to GO in the next seasons of my life. I am praying the God whispers to me when to go, where to go and how to go. 

Do you have the world in your heart? You may have to move some other stuff out. A broken relationship, a failed friendship, a distorted self view, worldly distractions or something of the sorts. But, friends, I promise if you move all that baggage out and let the world start to stir around in your heart, you'll be so full with joy that you'll get the innocence and excitement of when you first fell in love with Jesus back. I'm there now. It's revitalizing and exhilarating and brave and scary all at the same time. 

Jesus has put the WORLD on my HEART and you are a part of this world. So, if you need prayer for anything, please let me know. Remember, get the baggage out, let the world in. It's a pretty temporary home for us. 

Happy weekend! 

No comments :

Post a Comment