Wednesday, September 28, 2016

you never know.

hey. hello. hi.

I've been struggling the last few weeks with whether I wanted to start blogging again--or not. I've always LOVED writing, obviously, which is why I started this blog. And, I guess like most writers, I go through seasons of writing every day and then writing nothing at all. But, life has been happening lately and I've been loving it and wanted to start writing again.

I moved back to Alabama about two months ago from Hawaii. Before that, I lived in Egypt for several months--for those of you sweet souls that stumbled across this blog and are new. I plan on doing a lot more writing about my time in Egypt but I think that will come in time. For now, though, I just wanted to write a little encouragement. For myself, first off, because I need encouraging but to anyone else who may need some encouragement as well.

I've posted several statuses on Facebook the last few months about how much I love my job and the people I work with and life in general. People I went to high school with, people I barely know and even a few people I work with messaged or texted me asking if I made it back to Nashville full time in the music world yet because I seemed so happy. Well, jus to clear the air on that one, I am not in Nashville right now. I'm in sweet lil' Montevallo on my family farm and I'm loving every minute of it. Nashville is such a reality and it's so close and it's making me want to work every second I can to save and get there 100%. My heart beats faster there and I'll stand by the statement until the day I meet Jesus.

But, for now--I'm in Birmingham working for the GREATEST group of retina doctors and I am honestly loving every minute of it. I love my co-workers, I adore the doctors and the patients teach me things every day. It really is such a treat to work for good people and work with people who love Jesus, too. Of course, not every day is the perfect day but I learned so much in Egypt that I feel like I'm having the opportunities now to walk out daily here. Happiness is a choice. We wake up in the morning and decide how we are going to feel that day. We can decide to see every person as a miracle of Jesus--because they are--or we can see them as burdens. I was praying a few weeks ago that Jesus would give me eyes to see people the way he sees them and he has done that.

I will say working in a hospital it is easier to see that because you are "helping" people for a living but oh my goodness what joy I've experienced since returning from Egypt and just getting to be around people. I took SO much for granted living in America--and living in Egypt taught me that. I just want to live each day to its full capacity. I want people to see Jesus in me. I want to be Jesus to someone who needs him everyday.

I also learned so much about forgiveness and releasing people from the expectations we have of them while in Egypt. I trust way too easy in most situations and I choose to believe the best in people. Since moving back, I've been hurt by some people that I never thought had the capacity to hurt me--and I had to do a lot of praying and a lot of forgiving. But, guess what--I made the choice to forgive them and move on. Forgiving them doesn't excuse their behavior but it does release me from carrying that hurt anymore. And, it's been the most freeing and rewarding thing ever. I've also embraced people that I never thought I would never get to know. And again, let me tell you, those people have been the biggest blessings in my life.

This post, as usual, is me rambling about life. But, I just feel like I've grown so much even since moving back to America and I just wanted to jot it down and try my best to do a little encouraging.

Each of you were designed by a God who loves every fiber of you. You are fought for by a God who sent his ONLY son to die for you. And, he would've died if you were the only person alive. God has such a plan for your life, such a purpose, such a beautiful plan. And he has one for me, too. I just know that I needed a reminder and maybe you did, too. Choose happiness. Choose to help people. Choose to be Jesus to someone. You never know what someone is going through. They may have simply decided not to be happy that day--or one of their best friends have juts died. Don't be so quick to judge. Give people the benefit of the doubt without letting them run all over you.

LOVE.

PS. I still love music, yes. And, yes, lots of that will be featured on here, soon.

:)
























1 comment :

  1. Katelyn, we have just recently become Facebook friends, so I've never seen other blogs you've put on! I must tell you I really enjoyed reading this. The things you said really are encouraging. I totally agree that it's up to you to decide your happiness when you wake up in the morning. It's not always easy to do, but it's definitely worth trying! I also relate to needing to be more understanding with people because you don't know what they may be going through in their life. Also forgivness is a powerful thing! I've learned over the years that you just have to let things go and move forward in order to be happy!
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I look forward to your future blogs!❤

    ReplyDelete